Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, April 28 2024 @ 07:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Different blocks in differen site sections..

MASTER

Anonymous
Well what im looking for is the method to display different blocks in differen site sections. For example i would like to display Whats New on the portal home but nowhere else..then Sponsored by block would be only in Links section. And so on. Is there anyway to do this? thank you very much!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That's exactly what the Topic dropdown in the block editor is for ... bye, Dirk

MASTER

Anonymous
sorry i didnt know that..i havent installed Geeklog yet...im making a decision on which one to install..so thats why im asking..is this option in the admin panel?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yes, the option is in the Admin menu (as is the block editor). To access the Admin menu and see what else you can do there you should really install Geeklog (on a test machine, for example) ... bye, Dirk

MASTER

Anonymous
Btw while u still here..when is the new version goin to be released? will there be a lot of new features? is there a list already? Because im thinking of completely changing the look and adding a little bit of my own code i dont want upgrade to ruin all of my work...what is the approximate time between new versions of Geeklog?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

There is no typical time between releases of Geeklog. We release a new version when we feel it is ready.

As for 1.3.6, this should happen soonish now. There will be a release candidate (i.e. a public beta version) before we release "the real thing". With some luck, the release candidate will be released this week.

You can have a look at the updated documentation (which includes the list of changes) already.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content