Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 05:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Links in the stories

martialtiger

Anonymous
Is it possible to place hyperlinks in the stories. I've tried using the <a href> tag with no luck and post mode in html. Any ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That is possible, of course. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. - Post in HTML mode (obviously) - <a href="http://www.geeklog.net">Geeklog homepage</a> is the correct syntax - The allowed tags are restricted, but <a> is allowed by default (configured in config.php) - the allowed tags are also listed just below the story editor That should work ... bye, Dirk

martialtiger

Anonymous
Dirk, Thanks for the response. I might be me... I tried a few times. Should I be looking in any files?

efarmboy

Forum User
It definitely works as Dirk as quoted. I use it all the time. There are many sites that show the HTML sytax for using the <a> Anchor tag. <a href="url">Text to be displayed</a> Make sure you close the quotes around the full URL "http://www.mysite.com" and close the tags <a> .. </a> That's it - it's a lot easier for the viewers to go to the links this way. Blaien

martialtiger

Anonymous
eFarmboy, Thanks for the response. I've done all that, but all I keep getting is the missing text between the two tags. Any idea what could be wrong with my installation? I'm using GeekLog v1.3.5sr2. Check out an example here Test

knuckles

Forum User
Chatty
If you are brave enough to install my Story Submission Enhancer located here then all your links will be coded correctly for you each time. Read the article in that link, you'll get to see a demo and a link to download the enhancement for Geeklog.

martialtiger

Anonymous
OMG, I'm so sorry... must be my lack of sleep... I continually left out such a basic comment in the link ("Wink... sorry for my stupidity and wasting your time. Thanks for all the help. You guys rock!

martialtiger

Anonymous
Knuckles, very cool enhancement for people who forget things easily like myself ;p I will definitely look try it out. Thanks for the help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content