Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 02:54 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Corner gifs not loading on admin/static pages

Creator

Forum User
I changed the colors of my site, originally monkey_business theme, so I had to change the corner .gifs accordingly (purpose of corner .gifs is for curved edges). I changed them in layout/monkey_business/header.thtml & footer.thtml. Now, the regular user pages look great, but they won't load on admin or static pages. See example of blank image boxes on static page: http://www.eyeonevents.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20020804191331506 I don't know if it was an original bug with this theme because as soon as I loaded it I started changing colors, not really paying attention to admin/static until after setting colors. OR did I mess something up, causing the images not to load elsewhere? The .gif filenames are the same, I didn't change them, so.... it doesn't make sense to me that it was a change I made to the images themselves. Do the admin/static pages use a different header/footer file than the ones in layout/monkey_business .thtml files???
L. Whitworth

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Have a look at the HTML source of that page in your browser. The URLs for the corner images read src="layout/Monkey_Business/images/corner-top-left.gif" Since you're calling this URL from within the staticpages folder and there is (I assume) no staticpages/layout folder on your site, you won't get the images loaded ... So, change that URL (in your header.thtml) to read src="[layout_url]/images/corner-top-left.gif" (with curly brackets instead of the square ones) and it should work. bye, Dirk

Creator

Forum User
Works beautifully. Thanks!
L. Whitworth

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:54 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content