Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 02:57 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Easy images question

shortround

Anonymous
I don't have a lot of webspace, so I was wondering if it's possible to disallow people to upload images to the image directory. I tried changing the permissions on the directory itself, but then no one could update their profiles. Is there an easy fix?

-Shorty

goldentaco.org

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It's much easier: Just switch those features off in your config.php. $_CONF['allow_user_photo'] = 0; This will disable the user photos. If you also want to disable images in stories (which only Admins can use anyway), set this: $_CONF['maximagesperarticle'] = 0; Another way to save space is to reduce the number of themes. Every directory within the layout directory represents one theme - just remove those that you don't like or need. bye, Dirk

shortround

Anonymous
Thanks again Dirk. This is a great product. Smile

shortround

Anonymous
One more silly question. I've noticed that the classic theme defaults to story submission for an admin(the same page as all users), while XSilver uses the story editor when an admin is going to post(that's where the pics get added in). Was Classic designed that way, or is it a problem with mine. If so, where would I look to change it?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Interesting, I've never noticed this before. The difference is that Classic links to .../submit.php?type=story while XSilver simply links to ../submit.php Both will lead to the submission page, but Geeklog will then try and redirect Admin users to the Admin story editor. Seems like that does not work in the first case ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:57 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content