Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 05:57 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Block question.

bullet

Anonymous
Ok.. I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff so just play dumb and you might be able to figure out what I'm talking about. I've searched the site and haven't seen anything posted that is close to this. I've successfully installed geeklog on my site. I'm currently working on my design and I've ran into a problem, of sorts. I would like 2 different styles or themes of blocks on the side. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Euan

Forum User
Can't you do this by just creating two themes? Ah, you want to create two types of sideblock in one theme? That would be cool. Should be doable if you could pass a value when you call COM_blockheader and COM_blockfooter, and edit those functions. But I think that all the blocks are built in a loop with COM_blockheader and COM_blockfooter called automatically, so I can see problems... Excuse me if I'm being ignorant and this is all BS Smile Can a pro comment on this? Cheers, Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, you can not have different styles on a block-by-block basis. What you can have, though, is a different look for the blocks on the left and on the right. Check out the themes that already do this, like Smooth_Blue or Evolution. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Welp, thanks guys! Question answered for the most part. I was actually looking to do 2 themes of blocks on one side. However, since I know nothing about programming, I'm gonna forgo that particular part of my project. -- A friend of mine actually looked at it and said he didn't think it was possible because of the looping but I just thought I'd ask to make sure.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:57 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content