Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 06:57 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHP pages using the usersystem...

broelling

Forum User
Junior
HI I can't seem to understand how to include the usersystem in Geeklog to new pages, which I need to create myself. Pages like f.ex. submit.php, which checks to see if there's a logged in user at the other end. Can somebody tell me how this is included!??
I'd rather be good than clever - I'd rather have all facts wrong, than no reply whatever...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It's actually quite easy. First of all, you need to include('lib-common.php'); If you do that, you have access to the $_USER array, which contains the user name and ID (amongst other things). If you need the additional security for the admin area, you should also include('auth.inc.php'); This lets you check if e.g. the current user has the rights to edit stories, like this: if (!SEC_hasRights('story.edit')) { echo "You can't edit stories!"; } Have a good look at the code that's already there. With the information from above, it should be quite obvious how all this works. bye, Dirk

broelling

Forum User
Junior
Thanx man! You're right - it's in fact very easy Smile I just had to have a startingpoint...
I'd rather be good than clever - I'd rather have all facts wrong, than no reply whatever...

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:57 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content