Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

HELP! Install!

AlbertLewis

Anonymous
Alright i uploaded everything, and CHmoded the 2 directorys that i was suppost 2. but when i go 2. www.mysite.com/public_html/admin/install/install.php and choose new database, and then put in the full file path for geeklog i get this error. Parse error: parse error in /home/mysite/public_html/config.php on line 83 Fatal error: Failed opening required 'databases/.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/system/lib-database.php on line 90 And i made sure that all the config full file oaths were correct. HELP!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Sorry, but that certainly is a path problem.

This path: /home/mysite/public_html/config.php doesn't look right - your config.php shouldn't be in this path.

In the install script, you need to enter the path to where the config.php resides, not the path to where lib-common.php resides.

If that wasn't it, please double-check the paths in your config.php.

bye, Dirk

AlbertLewis

Anonymous
Alright now all i get is this strange ass error. Parse error: parse error in /home/mysite/public_html/config.php on line 83 Template Error: set_root: install_templates is not a directory. Halted. it says its not a directory but it is. and all my paths are right in config.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I think we solved your problems on IRC last night, didn't we?

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
If my web root is: /webroot and I unpack geeklog there, I get /webroot/geeklog/ (I leave off the version numbers, but its 1.3.5) which contains -config.php (file, along with other things like the install doc, etc.) -public_html/ (which seems to have the meat of the log) Thus, instead of http://yourgeeklogdomain/admin/install/install.php I have a path of http://yourgeeklogdomain/public_html/admin/install/install.php with config.php and INSTALL, etc. etc. in the path. Is that the way it is intended, or is config.php supposed to be sent off to live somewhere else in the filesystem outside the webroot, and I move public_html to where I want it in the webroot?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content