Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:29 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog Security

Sinjin

Anonymous
I have been working with a way to tie together geeklog and .htaccess. I have had the thought of using the built-in Geeklog Security and I have gotten to the point where I have created a very simple phpblock with links to my pages that is only displayed to logged in users. My problem is any person could just type in the URL to the hidden pages and access them. I need a way for these pages to not be displayed unless they have been authenticated in Geeklog. I am not able to change any code of the secured pages so I believe it has to be done on a directory bases. The basic question is how can I secure a non geeklog page and only access it when I have been logged into Geeklog. I am sure many people would find this usefull on their own website. Thanks for all the help. Matthew

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Assuming your non-GL page is PHP, you can include lib-common.php and then add a check to verify that $_USER['uid'] > 1...if it is then they are not anonymous and are logged in. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Sinjin

Anonymous
It is not a PHP page unfortunatly. ----- "This is my router this is my switch. One is for routing but I don't know which."

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:29 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content