Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 09:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

HTML enabled for articles in 1.3?

elin

Anonymous
I figured this would be the perfect time to make a fool out of my self by posting in the wrong section, so here goes: I read somewhere that HTML would be completely disabled in 1.3. Unfortunately this would defy my purpouse alltogether since I run an HTML help site. Smile Will there be an option to turn HTML on in stories (albeit not in comments), or an easy way to hack the script in order to accomplish this? Or am I facing a two week hacking spree (plus the two weeks I'll need to integrate vCool? Smile I'll be grateful for any help or thoughts you might have, since I'm trying to investigate which CMS to use; GL is one of two final candidates. Thanks in advance!

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I think that we've decided to keep HTML in Geeklog. Though I will say that I don't ever plan on enhancing that logic as managing regular expressions is something I'm admittedly bad at. If we do use an bbcode'ish alternative you will be able to disable one or the other (or both ) via the config file. So, stick with Geeklog ;-) --Tony
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content