Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

probleme author search

laboriens

Anonymous
hello I have a problem with the function search by author, when I do it I see in the bar &author=1 but I have the error 403 if I modify the figure by the username of the person I have all the articles that person did.

so how can I do it when the author has chosen in the advanced search to automatically indicate the username and not the uidd (same thing in the article when you click on More by demon577

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I am not sure if I follow.

The advance search allows you to pick the username in a dropdown box. In the URL of that page it uses the id. You can change the ID to another but cannot use the name.

Ids are better to use since names can contain characters that would need to be encoded.
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

laboriens

Anonymous
Quote by: Laugh

I am not sure if I follow.

The advance search allows you to pick the username in a dropdown box. In the URL of that page it uses the id. You can change the ID to another but cannot use the name.

Ids are better to use since names can contain characters that would need to be encoded.

the id gives me a 403 error. searching before not the name does not give me the error

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
It's hard to say without more information. Can you share a URL?

403 Forbidden – you don't have permission to access this resource is an HTTP status code that occurs when the web server understands the request but can't provide additional access.

Laboriens

Anonymous
Url id
https://smelly.inovaperf.me/search.php?query=&keyType=phrase&datestart=&dateend=&topic=all&type=all&author=2&results=30&mode=search

Url username
https://smelly.inovaperf.me/search.php?query=&keyType=phrase&datestart=&dateend=&topic=all&type=all&author=admin&results=30&mode=search

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Is your Geeklog Config option "Search Login Required?" set to "No Login Required"? (it most likely is since it wouldn't cause these type of errors just double checking)

After reviewing things its not Geeklog causing the errors. It doesn't throw 403 errors based on URL variables for the advanced search.

Also the same 403 happens if you change the topic or type as well.

It must be the server doing it. Either an htaccess setting or something else?

For example this also throws a 403 error (refine a search)

https://smelly.inovaperf.me/search.php?query=&keyType=phrase&author=2&type=all&mode=refine

laboriens

Anonymous
no if you change author=2 by author=admin you will no longer have the 403 error

Laboriens

Anonymous
problem solved. the plesk panel say that the site was under wordpress. I clicked on unlink wordpress and there is no more error

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Good to know. So the server had some firewall rules in place meant for WordPress that was blocking the page request.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content