Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:19 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Disable Contributions to anyone but admins

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello

I'm using Geeklog as a blog software, as such, I need to disable the contribute option for visitors

Is there any way I can do it?

Thanks

Farley

Anonymous
I'm using GeekLog 1.8.2sr1 and I had the same issue with the 'default'-(Clunky?)-Menu.

I've done some Hacking. The one thing I used to where I have FULLer-Control of the MENU is to utilize the "Menu Plugin (beta version)" found in France - http://geeklog.fr/downloads/index.php/menu_plugin_beta.

It took me about 2-Days to figure out how to Custom-Configure the Menu-Beta since there doesn't appear to be any instructions written for it BUT once you get a hang for creating the Sub-Menu ... it's Functional-Fast-n-Pretty!

AND

AFTER I got the Menu-Beta working ... I made a modification to the the header.thtml FILE found in the layouts template folder (I'm using a modified-copy of the default "professional" template) and Eliminated the default menu in this following Code:

Text Formatted Code
    <div class="header-navigation-container clearfix">
        <!-- <ul> -->
            <!-- menu_elements plg_menu_elements - both Sets-of-Braces removed WTT -->
        <!-- </ul> -->
    </div>

-
You can see the results of this Addition and Modification at my website - http://www.WestTXTrader.com

Hope this helps.

::Ben

Forum User
To disable stories contributions from anymous, see in the config your_site/admin/configuration.php
Theme >> Menu elements : Delete Contribute
Users and submissions >> Login Settings >> Submit Login Required? Set to true

Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:19 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content