Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 05:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Trying to get my very old geeklog site back up and running

Sam

Anonymous
Hi, Its been about 7 years since I last used geeklog. Back then I went travelling and recorded all my adventures in geeklog. I wanted to get the site back up and running but get the following sql error when trying to import the db using phpmyadmin.

SQL query:

-- MySQL dump 8.22
--
-- Host: localhost Database: theworlcom
------------------------------------------------------- --
-- Server version 3.23.54-log
--
-- Table structure for table 'banned_ips'
--
CREATE TABLE banned_ips(

host_ip VARCHAR( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '---------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 3.23' at line 4

I have already changed TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM, as I was getting myisam errors.

Go easy on me as its been years since I did anything like this, but really really want to get my travel logs back.

Thanks for your time.

suprsidr

Forum User
You may want to cherry pick the info you want to import.
Instead of trying to restore some very old version you could try installing 1.8.1 and just importing say your articles and staticpages.

I've been hired to upgrade many old sites and its usually a bumpy road.

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: suprsidr

You may want to cherry pick the info you want to import.
Instead of trying to restore some very old version you could try installing 1.8.1 and just importing say your articles and staticpages.

I've been hired to upgrade many old sites and its usually a bumpy road.

-s

Wayne,

I see you've run into that as well. Stories and forums are one thing, but try importing media gallery from an old install, because of database corruptions. You might get it imported, but will the plugin function as intended after the fact? Not likely, so in the end, your cherry picking the inserts, and praying there's no corruption in those strings. If that doesn't work, your left in the end, recreating the content.

Michael

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Hi, Its been about 7 years since I last used geeklog. Back then I went travelling and recorded all my adventures in geeklog. I wanted to get the site back up and running but get the following sql error when trying to import the db using phpmyadmin.

SQL query:

-- MySQL dump 8.22
--
-- Host: localhost Database: theworlcom
------------------------------------------------------- --
-- Server version 3.23.54-log
--
-- Table structure for table 'banned_ips'
--
CREATE TABLE banned_ips(

host_ip VARCHAR( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '---------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 3.23' at line 4

I have already changed TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM, as I was getting myisam errors.

Go easy on me as its been years since I did anything like this, but really really want to get my travel logs back.

Thanks for your time.

Sam,

Verify that your running the correct MySQL version if you just trying to get the site up and going from an initial state. If you are upgrading at the same time, there again, make sure your running atleast MySQL version 4.0.18 or later. See doc snipit below. As Wayne said, it might be better to just install a fresh copy and then cherry pick the inserts out of the database copy you have.

Text Formatted Code

To install and use Geeklog you will need to have a server running Apache or Microsoft IIS with PHP 5.2.0 or higher installed. You will also need either MySQL 4.0.18 or later (MariaDB 5.1 or later will also work), PostgreSQL 7 or greater (7.4 or later recommended), or Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or newer.

Michael

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content