Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 12:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

I want my Super Admin to be just like me

Lynne

Anonymous
nerdy
I'm new to geeklog, have a fantasico install v. 1.6.1 I've been toying with. Like it a lot, but coming from a Postnuke (aka Zikula) and Joomla background, I'm stumbling around locating "stuff". :blahblah: I want my Super Admin to be just like the real life me. I want to be able to use any HTML code I want anywhere I want, without having to tweak something in a million different places. My frustration has gotten to the point that when I want to add a link, or an image, to some content that strips it out I just do my thang, then go to the database and update the content there with the hard coded whatever HTML I want. As long as I don't edit it through the Geeklog software again, it seems to stay put. I was able to successfully add the img tag with limited attributes in the HTML admin config thingie, and my most recent hunt for freedom was while trying to create my user account bio and throw some links in. Had to resort to going to the database to get it done. But there's gotta be an easier way! Isn't there some single, lone, one place where I can empower the super admin to be entitled to all HTML in all content? Please say yes, and where it's done! :pray: Other than that, can't wait to get this little site up and live and share it with this forum.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Sorry for your frustration. In the next version of Geeklog the Configuration options will be searchable.

To allow Geeklog to skip HTML filtering for the root user (Super Admin) go to the Configuration and then click on the Miscellaneous link (the last item in the left column).

You can then scroll down the page to HTML Filtering and then set "Skip HTML Filter for Root" config option to true.

http://www.geeklog.net/docs/english/config.html#desc_skip_html_filter_for_root

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

suprsidr

Forum User
go to the Configuration and then click on the Miscellaneous link

dumb founded myself why that would be in misc.
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

Lynne

Forum User
blank
Hmmm. Nicely hidden!

Well, I did that, it doesn't effect the "about you" section of "my account". I tried adding specific protocols, logging out and back in, and it still doesn't take in that area. It does seem to work in some of the other areas, though I haven't run through all of them yet. I'd like all users to be able to add links to their profiles, actually. But I don't want to have to administer requests from them beyond just approving their profiles (and links).

Is there somewhere I can hard code the actual .php that handles that part? I don't mind doing that, and yeh... I know all about the hazards of hacking core. I do document my hacks, though, so I can put them back if an upgrade wipes them out and doesn't resolve the need for them.

If not, I guess I'm just back to updating through the database for that section. :kickcan:
We are Linux. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
There is also the security right "htmlfilter.skip" that you can set for a user group that allows other users who belong to that group to not have their text filtered.

I will dig into the about you section to see how it filters. I do not have time today but I hope to get to it tomorrow (unless someone else already knows off hand).

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The HTML filtering is currently only used for content like stories and comments. Everyhing under "About You" is currently plain text only.

bye, Dirk

Lynne

Forum User
Ok, I thought it over and looked at the code as it exists. I had to sort of step through Alice's looking glass, but I think I came up with a better solution that what I was trying to get at previously with allowing links in the "about me" section of the profile. I added 3 new elements (userlink1, userlink2, userlink3) to the userinfo table using the same protocol as used for the element "homepage" from the users table. I then went into the .php's (language, usersettings, users and anywhere else I found the element homepage from the profile) to mimic the code for processing the "homepage" element and applied it to the new userlink elements. It just made more sense because the "homepage" element already had all the validation processes I needed, and saved me time reinventing the wheel. So now I'm happy because the users will be allowed to enter up to three of their favorite links for sharing. Alas, I made changes as needed to the theme I'm using (Contemporary) and not to the default Professional theme. I'm going to document my hacks, though, so let me know if you want me to post them. Update: Oh, heck. I decided to just post them anyway since I've got them documented 'n everything now. It might be helpful to someone else who wants to add this or something similar, and gives the more experienced Geeklog users opportunity to critique. I saved the changes in a .rtf file because the contents are.... well, you know... code! http://www.lynneperry.com/geeksonly/gl_motorcycle_corehacks.rtf
We are Linux. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content