Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 02:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

placement of googleadsense?

jekwumoore

Forum User
Junior
How should I place googleadsense in my site? I have done a few like including it in my sidebar but for others I don't seem to get them in the exact spot I wanted.

I need various ways of inserting my googleadsense code for my site including my forum. I only managed to insert in the footer area but that was way too below. I tried inserting in the middle of some codes but I always get syntax error.

Here are some examples I need. How to display googleadsense in the viewtopic area, the ad should appear above the topic.

you can also list various position for the implementation of googleadsense.

beewee

Forum User
There are 2 ways of adding Adsense to your Geeklog site:

1) in the templates (with a good CTR)
2) in the stories/pages (with a good CTR)
3) in the side blocks (with a bad CTR, forget this way)

I'm not running a forum, sonI can help you with that. But I used to do it this way, and had quite a good CTR of about 0.8%:

1) In the templates
* You can configure GL to render the first story on each page as a featured story. Put an Adsense full banner above below the story in /layout/your_theme/featuredstorytext.thtml
* Put an Adsense full banner below the story in /layout/your_theme/article/article.thtml

2) In the stories and pages
* The Adsense code will be filtered by default, so install the autotags plugin. Make several autotags for Adsense ads in different sizes. Now it is quite easy to put Adsense ads in stories and pages where you like it

You can also put an Adsense ad in an empty Static Page and place that page as a centerblock on top (not rendered as a block, and below the first story is a better position IMHO) on the homepage or on every topic.

Look out: not more than 3 Adsense ads on each page, or you will lose your Adsense account..
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

jekwumoore

Forum User
Junior
thanks,

but I am still wating for answers on placing googleadsense code in my forum boards

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Haven't tried it but I guess the navbar.thtml (in the "forum" directory of your theme) looks like a place to start. It displays the search field and the "Select a Forum" dropdown present on all forum pages.

bye, Dirk

ironmax

Anonymous
My suggestion would be to put it in your topic.thtml file. That way you get an ad for each message as well as the replies. See my site here as an example.

Michael

IAM

Anonymous
Quote by: jekwumoore

thanks,

but I am still wating for answers on placing googleadsense code in my forum boards

I put google ad in mysite.com/layout/professional/forum/layout/

jekwumoore

Forum User
Junior
Thanks for your replies

@ironmax, your theme is really nice. I noticed you have your own ads too on your site, what php scripts did you use for that?

ironmax

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies

@ironmax, your theme is really nice. I noticed you have your own ads too on your site, what php scripts did you use for that?

I run my own ad server farm. Its called OpenX. You can find it at http://www.openx.org/

Michael

jekwumoore

Forum User
Junior
placing the googleadsense code in the> mysite.com/layout/professional/forum/layout/topic.thml is not really good because you get a lot of ads on your site especially when there are many replies to a topic

Here is the one I have done just as dirk suggested> mysite.com/layout/professional/forum/layout/navbar.thml

place the googleadsense codes after this code " <!--start navbar.thml-->"

also I tried this placing ads here > mysite/layout/professional/footer.thtml

ironmax

Anonymous

placing the googleadsense code in the> mysite.com/layout/professional/forum/layout/topic.thml is not really good because you get a lot of ads on your site especially when there are many replies to a topic

Here is the one I have done just as dirk suggested> mysite.com/layout/professional/forum/layout/navbar.thml

place the googleadsense codes after this code " <!--start navbar.thml-->"

also I tried this placing ads here > mysite/layout/professional/footer.thtml

Yea I forgot it was GoogleSdSense we were talking about. They only allow 3 of their ads per page. What you did will workout fine.

Michael

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content