Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

forum centerblock went missing this morning

andyofne

Forum User
Chatty
I've been running a geeklog site on our company intranet for ages. I've got several plugins including the 'forum' installed.

This morning the forum centerblock went missing somewhat unexpectedly.

Nothing changed on the front page, no new stories were submitted, nothing deleted or archived.

Every morning our office manager posts a message in the forum. He did so this morning and reported that the centerblock was present when he logged in around 630am. It was gone when I arrived at 8am. I'm the only one with access to modify anything.

I looked at some related issues posted here but no matter what I do I can't get the forum centerblock to show up again.

Our intranet site is not up-to-date, in fact, it's in dire need of an update as it's running 1.4.1. I've been holding off because everything has been working fine, it isn't accessible from the outside, and I have several plugins installed and I worry about whether or not they'll work post update.

I'm going to try to do an upgrade and see how it goes but I'd like to know if there's anyway to figure out why the centerblock suddenly quit working after working perfectly all this time.

I do not see any errors related to the centerblock in the geeklog error log nor in the httpd logs.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I guess you checked the Centerblock Settings in the Forum's settings? Can you not enable it again there?

Which version of the Forum is that? Current versions store their settings in the database while I think earlier version had the Centerblock settings in the config.php. Could any of those (database or config.php) have been changed?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content