Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stories aren't being immediately published

IanZ

Anonymous
I've been setting up my site for some time now and have just got to testing the stories. I find that when I create one, it doesn't appear right away even though I haven't specified any "future publishing" options. The story is actually saved, but not displayed. If I go into the story and edit the publish date to be 5 hours earlier than the current time, it shows up. Am I missing some type of configuration setting?

gtgillis

Forum User
Where is your server?

IanZ

Anonymous
I'm not sure. I'm using a free hosting site for right now for testing. I'm not sure if I can list the host's web address or not (any Geeklog policies that wouldn't allow it). I will say that I've checked through all the configuration stuff for my account on their site and have the correct timezone set.

On the my site that's running, the time/date is showing correctly, and the default time on the message is right. Can the server timezone be affecting these messages?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which Geeklog version is that?

Yes, it can have something to do with the timezone of the server. See Timezone Support.

bye, Dirk

IanZ

Anonymous
It's version 1.6.1. And I actually came across that article during my initial setup - I have set this option in the Geeklog config under Languages and Locale.

IanZ

Anonymous
Update: I edited an existing message and set the publish date to my current date/time. It "disappeared" from the Topic. I tried changing the timezone on my webhosting account to account for the 5 hour delay I'm experiencing, but that didn't help. After setting my hosting account back to the correct timezone, I tried changing the system timezone (under Languages and Locale) and that didn't make a difference either. So I set that back and tried changing the individual user's timezone (under My Account), but that didn't make a difference either.
Are there any other configuration settings I could look at, or are things pointing to the webserver settings (which I don't have any option to control)?
I will note that when I turn the Timezone option off (under Languages and Locale) it puts me to Central Daylight Time, which is an hour later than my current time.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content