Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Does Geeklog allows users to choose content privacy ?

Harjit

Anonymous
Does Geeklog allows users to choose content privacy ? For example, they can choose to show content to Friends, or FOF, or none.

Please link me to a demo link, if its there.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog has a permission system that allows you to define groups and then grant access to content only to members of certain groups.

Our demo site, which is also linked from the "Resources" block to your left, is at http://demo.geeklog.net/

bye, Dirk

Harjit

Anonymous
Sorry but I did not find this in the demo site. I downloaded the current version of Geeklog but it is not there. What I mean is NOT the site admin or system administrator but each member that will register to my site will be able to define which other users are his friends (that needs two way approval). Each user can then expose his contents to his friends only or to public or not to anyone, just keep to himself. If there is a plug in that let us do this kindly post a demo link or download link.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I guess if you look at it this way, then Geeklog's permission system is more group-based. E.g. when you think of an organization, group members can share content with other group members. But the individual member doesn't have much say in who's going to see the content, unless they are the group's admin. So you could probably set things up such that each user has their own group - but that's only really managable for a small amount of users.

Alternatively, you could go with a multi-install (a bit like WordPress MU), but that would mean that each user had their own site.

Or maybe try the blog plugin - but I don't really know how much control it gives users over their content.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content