Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Twenty Minute Time Limit On Posting Articles

winnerdk

Forum User
Is it possible to change, extend (or turn off) the new 20 minute time limit when posting a new article? If so, how and where? Thanks.

Don
www.panama-guide.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It's hard-coded and it's for your own safety.

If you really want to change it, search for "1200" (= 20 minutes in seconds) in lib-security.php

bye, Dirk

winnerdk

Forum User
Thanks. I spend all day translating articles from Spanish to English, and sometimes 20 minutes simply isn't enough time.

What happens if I don't save or finish the article that I'm working on in less than 20 minutes? Do I lose all of the work done that far? I know I can hit "preview" to reset the clock, but what if I forget or neglect to do that?

Don

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As it says in the message, you will lose your changes. Yes, that's not good and isn't intended to stay that way.

We will have to change the way the editors work right now to avoid that. A few ideas were discussed on the mailinglist back in October. Can't promise that a solution will come in the next release, but this is something that I'd like to see resolved sooner rather than later ...

bye, Dirk

winnerdk

Forum User
Right, agreed - the way it is right now is not good. I mean, thanks for being worried about the safety and security of my website, but if I lose a whole bunch of translation work thanks to this "feature" I'll shoot my monitor. In the meantime, I'll change the code to extend the time.

Don
www.panama-guide.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For those feeling adventurous: I just posted a prototype solution on the geeklog-devel mailing list (that attachment should be a .tar.gz).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content