Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 21 2024 @ 07:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Search Function questions, concerns, and more

mkreutzer

Forum User
caffeinated
I know the search function in GL 1.6.0. sr2 was updated (which i really like btw)

My question is this. I have two sites effectively.. the GL site which i'm using to desseminate information rapidly to my group, and a knowledge base site where other work groups provide information to us schematics an dmore.

I'd like to add to the geek log search the ability to search this knowledge base site. Though i'm really not sure where to even begin or if it's even possible.

So in simple terms. How can I alter the default geek log search engin to include a specific external site.

(ie.. the gl search would also search google and display the results together)

Thanks for any responses or information.

-GL newbie :-D

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Technically, you would need to write a plugin that provides the search results from your knowledge base so that they can be included on the search results page. Currently, the search function can not include "external" results, but Sami is working on it. Should be in 1.6.1, I would think.

Writing a plugin may sound scary, but especially in a case like this, a minimal plugin would be sufficient.

bye, Dirk

mkreutzer

Forum User
ok i'll get started on learning how to do that now.. Thank you again for the direction.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content