Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Making the Pro Theme left Column wider

webdude

Forum User
Hi

I have switched to using the Professional theme and have modified its header, however the fonts seem to too large and are causing left menu items to wrap now making the menu column longer.

Does anyone know how or where to edit the Professional theme to make the left column wider?

Also I want to change the New User Signup on the left menu to go to a sales page.

I had made these changes before in Multiflex3 but the new Pro Theme works differently.

I have gone through most files and style.css so I have either not found it yet or have overlooked it.

The 1.5+ Pro theme is great and I find it to be much faster than using and fixing up a pre 1.5 theme.

I can't wait for Geeklog 1.6 final

Regards
Mark Big Grin

suprsidr

Forum User
add your width to block-featured-left in style.css

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

webdude

Forum User
Quote by: suprsidr

add your width to block-featured-left in style.css

-s

I added it, but there seems to be no change:

.block-featured-left {
background:#F7F7F7;
border-right:1px solid #FFFFFF;
color:#000000;
width:250px;

This however does work:
.block-featured-left {
background:#F7F7F7;
border-right:1px solid #FFFFFF;
color:#000000;
width:20%;

Now, that that is sorted out, thanks.

Anyone have an idea how I edit the link on the left column to change the URL from the normal new user registration to a web page. In other words, the normal registration process will still be there however I don't want it available to anyone coming to the homepgae of the site as this is going to be a paid membership site.

Regards
Mark

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: webdude

Anyone have an idea how I edit the link on the left column to change the URL from the normal new user registration to a web page. In other words, the normal registration process will still be there however I don't want it available to anyone coming to the homepgae of the site as this is going to be a paid membership site.

Make the User Functions block (which doubles as the Login form) invisble for anonymous users (uncheck the Anonymous R checkbox) and add a new block with the signup information in its place.

Existing users can still log in by going to example.com/users.php

Or disable new user registrations altogether (in the Configuration) - depending on that paid membership of yours works ...

bye, Dirk

webdude

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

Quote by: webdude

Make the User Functions block (which doubles as the Login form) invisble for anonymous users (uncheck the Anonymous R checkbox) and add a new block with the signup information in its place.

Existing users can still log in by going to example.com/users.php

Or disable new user registrations altogether (in the Configuration) - depending on that paid membership of yours works ...

bye, Dirk

Wow, this worked better than expected.

Make User Function hidden to anonymous.
Created a new block and pasted the login and lost password code in that and only made this visible to anonymous and admin.

Thanks
Mark

beewee

Forum User
I made a php enabled static page, linked from the frontpage, with
Text Formatted Code
echo COM_showBlock('user_block');
and made the excisting user block invisible to normal visitors.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content