Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 05:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

installing the forum

bobob

Forum User
Junior
gloomy
hi im having serious problems with it. ive followed the instructions word perfect (or so i thought) and its not having it Frown is it me being thick and misunderstanding the instructions or can they be simplified?!

happy to give ftp details to anyone who wants to check what ive done?!

thanks

:kickcan:

suprsidr

Forum User
Would this help?
http://www.flashyourweb.com/media/index.php?g2_itemId=39525&g2_imageViewsIndex=3

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

bobob

Forum User
Junior
im hopeless, ive tried alsorts but cant do it Frown im happy to give FTP details if anyone is willing to help Cry

bobob

Forum User
Junior
Bump Frown

:helpme:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, you haven't provided any information about your actual problem. Just saying it doesn't work isn't going to get you anywhere ...

bye, Dirk

bobob

Forum User
Junior
i uploaded in the admins plugin section, when i click install i get this

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.

ive checked the files against the pic posted above and gone over the install instructions, it all seems ok. but its obviously not Cry

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
A 500 could be anything. Do you have access to your webserver's error_log file (not to be confused with Geeklog's error.log)?

bye, Dirk

bobob

Forum User
Junior
it works Big Grin many thanks

Ford-Prefect

Anonymous
freakingout
Well, I've now also been noting some problems, but I can see a small difference between my tree and the tree posted earlier here. One of the biggest differences is that I can't find the upgrade.inc file, anywhere, I didn't even get it with my downloaded version of the forum. Other than that, my tree is exactly as the tree depicted above, some files however I susspect have changed their names.

But my biggest headache is that I get NO feedback on what have gone wrong, all it says is "the plugin was not installed". Then dead.... Have I had the success of downloading a dud from sourceforge?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Ford-Prefect

Have I had the success of downloading a dud from sourceforge?

Not sure what you downloaded from SourceForge ... The latest version of the forum plugin for Geeklog is here (or over on portalparts.com).

bye, Dirk

Ford-Prefect

Anonymous
determined
This time I got the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ppGetUserBlocks() in /customers/b-zeal.net/b-zeal.net/httpd.www/glog/plugins/forum/config.php on line 123

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like you forgot to copy the lib-portalparts.php to your system directory. Please read the installation instructions again carefully.

bye, Dirk

Ford-Prefect

Anonymous
angry
Right you are, and it seemed to make me need to do a fith reinstall of the whole thing today, but I will leave that for tomorrow, because right now I am very tired.

Thank you for your help, tomorrow I will be here in a different part of the forum whining about not doing something right Wink.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content