Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 08:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

New users cannot register after upgrade to Geeklog v1.6.0

webdude

Forum User
Hi

Using latest Geeklog and Professional theme.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function com_isemail() in /home/thegiant/public_html/members/users.php on line 488

Regards
Mark

webdude

Forum User
Hi

I did try to post a full recount of what I have tried, but this forum keeps deleting my post as SPAM.

I have tried everything including removing older plugins and captcha.

Regards
Mark

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
First of all, sorry for your earlier posts being filtered as spam. I had a word with Spam-X ...

As for your problem: Sounds like you forgot to upgrade lib-common.php. The missing function COM_isEmail is in there, so my guess is that you have an old copy of lib-common.php on your site.

bye, Dirk

webdude

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

First of all, sorry for your earlier posts being filtered as spam. I had a word with Spam-X ...

As for your problem: Sounds like you forgot to upgrade lib-common.php. The missing function COM_isEmail is in there, so my guess is that you have an old copy of lib-common.php on your site.

bye, Dirk

Hi Dirk

No, deleted and re-ftp lib-common.php

Still get the same error.

The call error it is referring to, is this when it tries to mail registration details to a new user?

Regards
Mark

webdude

Forum User
Some more info.

The site is here:
http://thegiantsofmarketing.com/members/

I used to use the Multiflex3 theme with loads of drop down menus but it does not work so well with Geeklog 1.5+

Will add drop down menus to the Professional theme.

I have also disabled all plugins except chat that work on older version pre 1.4 of Geeklog.

Regards
Mark

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Right - there are more new functions in lib-common.php without which your site wouldn't even come up if it wasn't up to date. So it's not that. Odd.

I just tried to register on your site. Do you see a new user called "dhaun"? Probably not, as I did get the error message. Hmm ...

bye, Dirk

webdude

Forum User

Right - there are more new functions in lib-common.php without which your site wouldn't even come up if it wasn't up to date. So it's not that. Odd.

I just tried to register on your site. Do you see a new user called "dhaun"? Probably not, as I did get the error message. Hmm ...

bye, Dirk

No, it did not register you.

The last user I had to register was earlier today before the upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0.

I wonder if I should try and go back down to 1.5.3

Everything else works well on the site.

Regards
Mark

webdude

Forum User
Just coded drop down menus into the Professional theme so I now have full functionality back, this should actually be built into the Pro theme as an option.

Excuse the hack of a new header, the full width header and footer are still coming.

Now everything is almost ready for our official launch except we can still not figure out why since the new upgrade to v1.6.0b2 new users cannot register.

Can I pay someone to fix this for me?

Dirk, you guys provide a paid install service. How about a paid fix service. It must be something simple and I really don't want to have to rebuild the site from a fresh install as it has loads of pages, content and plugins.

:helpme:

The site is on a new dedicated server so there may be a dependency missing.

Regards
Mark

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: webdude

I sent you some email addresses. Need to get around to put those up on an "available for paid support" page ...

Let me know what it was, please.

Btw, Geeklog 1.6.0 is still in beta, which means that it's not finished yet and that upgrading may require some extra work. We generally advise against running a "live" site off of a beta, unless you know what you're doing ...

bye, Dirk

webdude

Forum User

Quote by: webdude

I sent you some email addresses. Need to get around to put those up on an "available for paid support" page ...

Let me know what it was, please.

Btw, Geeklog 1.6.0 is still in beta, which means that it's not finished yet and that upgrading may require some extra work. We generally advise against running a "live" site off of a beta, unless you know what you're doing ...

bye, Dirk

Thanks Dirk

I realize 1.6.0 is in Beta but I like to live on the bleeding edge of technology :-) and I figured it was v1.5.1 with new features or ways of operating.

I will downgrade to the latest stable version after a full backup. If that does not work, then I will restore to v1.6.0 and pay one of those chaps you sent me to fix it.

Regards
Mark

webdude

Forum User
I have not downgraded yet.

As a matter of interest if I login as admin and try to manually create a user, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function com_isemail() in /home/thegiant/public_html/members/admin/user.php on line 455

Regards
Mark

webdude

Forum User
I have now downgraded to 1.5.2sr4 and the new user registration problem is now sorted out.

Regards
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content