Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't login after 1.40 -> 1.52 upgrade

griffman

Forum User
Junior
confused
First, yes, I've read the FAQ on "can't login," but none of it seems to apply. Here's the situation...

In order to move our production server to the latest Geeklog release, I want to test it locally first. So I downloaded the data and SQL files, set it up, and got it all working fine on a local domain (let's say it's geeklog.test, defined in /etc/hosts) on my machine. I can login, post, etc. In short, everything seems fine.

Then I moved over all the new files from 1.52sr1 and ran the updater. It appeared to run fine, and I got the success message when done. I then removed the install folder, the old config.php file, and reset the perms on the db-config and siteconfig files.

But if I try to login, nothing happens. Well, that's not entirely correct. If I provide the correct password, absolutely nothing happens -- the page simply reloads. If I provide an incorrect password, then I get the "you've mistyped your login credentials" message. In neither case am I actually logged in.

Nothing is written to error.log during any of this, even with rootdebug set to true (or 'force'Wink in the siteconfig.php file. In fact, none of the log files are being updated, despite the dirs and files being set to 777. Finally, no cookies are created at any time -- I deleted the existing cookies, thinking that was the problem, but now, no new ones are created.

With config info in the database, I don't have the slightest idea how to debug this problem. All help is appreciated; our site was hacked last week due to the out-of-date version, and I need to get the update done.

thanks;
-rob.

ivy

Forum User
How about your site's cookie domain in database.
Geeklog Japan https://www.geeklog.jp

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Can you check if it creates a session for you? Empty the gl_sessions table, then try to log in again and see if a new session is created for your uid.

If it does that, it's probably a cookie issue. It took over the cookie settings from your config.php and that may cause problems logging in when running on other server / domain.

bye, Dirk

griffman

Forum User
Junior
Quote by: ivy

How about your site's cookie domain in database.

That was it, thanks! Weird that it wasn't an issue before I upgraded, but it was after. In any event, I changed it in the database (and changed the length code to match -- that "s:16" bit, which I think I remembered reading about elsewhere here), and I can now login again.

Thanks for the help! Now on to the theme changes and testing!

regards,
-rob.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content