Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 09:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem with /path/to/db-config.php

Webboy

Anonymous
hopeful
I just try to install geeklog for first time on my localhost windows machine and my path of db-config.php is :

/localhost/geeklog/subfiles/db-config.php

And whatever i try to put in, allaways i have the same error: The path "/path/to/db-config.php" does not appear to be correct. Please go back and try again.

Please, help to a newbie Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You have a directory named "localhost" at the root of your filesystem? It's asking for the complete path here.

If that's really the case: Check the permissions. Your webserver (i.e. the user your webserver is running under) must be able to read (and write) that file.

bye, Dirk

webboy

Anonymous
Yes, the problem was the full path, i just never seen a installation of CMS with not using "localhost" for example...

The_Ball

Forum User
I am having the same problem, though I appear to have put some of the files in the wrong place.
the problem i'm having with the
Problem with /path/to/db-config.php

is that no matter what i seem to be trying, I can not get to a correct path....

am I supposed to enter the path all the way from which directory? The geeklog installation path, the upper most directory in the system? From my webservers public_html directory? And I read something about an additional / mark somewhere...... please someone help, it appears I have or am stuck in the middle of an upgrade here...... have tried everything to get it to upgrade the 1.51

Any help would be appreciated

Eric

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: The_Ball

am I supposed to enter the path all the way from which directory? The geeklog installation path, the upper most directory in the system?

The complete path, i.e. from the topmost directory ('/' on a Unix/Linux system).

bye, Dirk

1000ideen

Forum User
Normally this is called the absolut path. You can ask your hoster or try on your domain the file
/admin/install/info.php

If you are upgrading you may take the information of the path from the old installation.

Eric

Anonymous
Thank You for your help, it wasn't long after I posted the message that I found the correct path and it installed properly,
however, I was wondering if anyone knows why the glmenu plugin that I followed the instructions on to the T did not show up in the new plugin page under admin.

any help would be appreciated

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content