Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 05:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Previous Next loads current page

Municipal Matters

Anonymous
Hello.
My first time requesting help. One of my stories quickly went over the 100 post mark and now has the Next page option on the bottom of the page. When you click on any of the navagation options the current page reloads. You do not see the next page of comments. What could be wrong?
P.S. If I change the sort order to Newest First I do see the posts but still click on the Next as well as the page number simply reloads the current page.
Thanks in advance

1000ideen

Forum User
It would be helpful to have a link to your site.

Steve

Anonymous
Hi and Thanks,

www.municipalmatters.ca

I have the default set higher than total posts so the "NEXT" link doesn't appear and people can see All posts without resorting. Are you able to just type the default to the end of the web address or do I need to lower the comment/page for you to view the issue?

Where do I change the default sort order to Newest First for Anonymous users?

Thanks again

Steve

Anonymous
I forget to mention which Story has more than 100 comments. It is called Abitibi.

me

Anonymous
Boy... Why not just paste a link directly to the story? Instead you want people to bumble around on your site to find it? :doh:

1000ideen

Forum User
No problem - it happens LOL

We are looking at this problem, it may take a while.

Steve

Anonymous
Does anyone know the solution to this issue? Here is a link to one of my Stories which keeps loading the same page when you click next.

http://municipalmatters.ca/geeklog/public_html/article.php?story=20090217132004753#comments

I also can not get it to default Newest First as the default sort order of comments for those who are not logged in.
Thanks

sTEVE

Anonymous
I think I found the file that controls the Newest First as the default to view comments.
It's geeklog / system / lib-comment.php

Now I am trying to get my "Next" link to work.
Also looking to find a way to archive old comments.

Any advice is appreciated!!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which Geeklog version is that? We did have some issues with the comment paging in the past, but I think it all works in the current version(s).

bye, Dirk

Steve

Anonymous
Hi Dirk,
It would be geeklog-1.4.1-3
Is this the version with the bug and if so is there a simple way to fix it without upgrading?
If not, I've never upgraded a site before so some advice or links to how to do it without screwing up the site would be handy!
Thanks for replying!

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content