Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 03:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Two Questions - Admin Help

Mikal

Anonymous
curious
I am helping out a site (www.pr3knights.com), and my root admins (1python64 / Jugl) sent me here to ask the following two questions:
1) How to make a permission mask (In our case, making a Super Moderator Permission Mask, enabling it to have power over moderator functions and moderate all forums)
2)How to change Staff Titles (In our case, changing the title of Moderator to Super Moderators).

Note:
We are running version 1.5.1.

We all know we should know how, but we...are some-what inexperienced with Geeklog (I use InvisionPower Board, so I wouldn't know how).

Thanks in advance,
~Mikal
PR3knights Super Moderator
P.S. Sorry, if this was in the wrong section...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure what you mean by Super Moderator - we don't use that term with Geeklog. Users in the "Root" group have access to everything. You need to be in the Root group yourself to make another user a member of that group: Edit the user in question (from the Admin's "Users" panel) and check the "Root" checkbox.

You can't change the names of the built-in groups, as Geeklog uses the names to identify roles. What you could do, though, is create new groups with the name you want (from the Admin's "Groups" panel) and then check all the groups you want that new group to be a member of. Then assign people to the new group.

Does that help? If not, please try to rephrase your question.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content