Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 07:01 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Questions before i commit.

VsUK

Anonymous
curious
New to this servce so do bare with me, not yet fully installed yet but got a few questions before i proceed to see if its worth it.

My intention was to create pages limited to spacific members of whome i would give access to edit & submit info to the database. However i want to be able to show in tables the database info regarding this info they submit & auto update them if the value's are higher or lower than the ones already submited.

For example i would have a user list that would be selectable from a new submit form, users i would submit myself or from a fellow admin. Then a text option for reasons for update & then a numeric value.

So, lets say User: Dave Reason: any text will do Aps: 300 is already in the database, now someone selects the user Dave from dropdown list & chose a reason for the update & then a new Aps value greater or lower than the one already entered, so if its 300, the database would auto update & would now show 600 or if its -250 the user would be deducted 250 & be left with just 50 & so forth.

Now, id like this info to be able to be shown to anyone of the upto date results for each user in a list.

Im a moderate html designer & never done anything or know anything about databases & showing results n so forth so i hope this has that ability & that its easy.

thanks

Iam

Anonymous
Quote by: VsUK

New to this servce so do bare with me, not yet fully installed yet but got a few questions before i proceed to see if its worth it.

My intention was to create pages limited to spacific members of whome i would give access to edit & submit info to the database. However i want to be able to show in tables the database info regarding this info they submit & auto update them if the value's are higher or lower than the ones already submited.

For example i would have a user list that would be selectable from a new submit form, users i would submit myself or from a fellow admin. Then a text option for reasons for update & then a numeric value.

So, lets say User: Dave Reason: any text will do Aps: 300 is already in the database, now someone selects the user Dave from dropdown list & chose a reason for the update & then a new Aps value greater or lower than the one already entered, so if its 300, the database would auto update & would now show 600 or if its -250 the user would be deducted 250 & be left with just 50 & so forth.

Now, id like this info to be able to be shown to anyone of the upto date results for each user in a list.

Im a moderate html designer & never done anything or know anything about databases & showing results n so forth so i hope this has that ability & that its easy.

thanks

May be I still don't understand what easily is your need, but this CMS system is free for you to test and use. so take your time to play around okay!. if this software is not the one you need don't spend your time with it.

thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: VsUK

Those are very specific requirements and will require you to write some custom code in any case. You can of course use Geeklog as a framework for this custom code, but then again you could probably do the same with pretty much every other CMS or PHP framework. Geeklog's permission system may help you somewhat, though.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:01 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content