Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 17 2024 @ 06:29 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

tim

Anonymous
how do you get avatars to appear for users in the forum?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Upload a userphoto. Or enable Gravatar support.

See the documentation for details.

bye, Dirk

tim

Anonymous
Quote by: Dirk

Upload a userphoto. Or enable Gravatar support.

See the documentation for details.

bye, Dirk

i have uploaded a user photo, jpeg or gif image but it does not show in the forum, it shows in user profile. is gravatar support not a paid subscription or something?

thanks, tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, I don't think there's anything special you need to do to make userphotos show up in the forum. You need to be logged in, of course.

Are you using the standard forum templates?

Gravatar is a free service (now part of the ever-expanding WordPress imperium). I doubt it would help in your case, though. If the uploaded photo doesn't show up, then neither would a gravatar. Actually, I'm not even sure any more if the forum even supports gravatars ...

bye, Dirk

tim

Anonymous

Hmm, I don't think there's anything special you need to do to make userphotos show up in the forum. You need to be logged in, of course.

Gravatar is a free service (now part of the ever-expanding WordPress imperium). I doubt it would help in your case, though. If the uploaded photo doesn't show up, then neither would a gravatar. Actually, I'm not even sure any more if the forum even supports gravatars ...

bye, Dirk

logged into the website or the forum?
tim

TIM

Anonymous
Quote by: tim

bye, Dirk

logged into the website or the forum?
standard template.
tim

TIM

Anonymous
I am also shown in the forum as "Anonymous: admin", would this make any difference?

tim

TIM

Anonymous
As a matter of fact, I am shown just as I am in this forum, with the exception of admin instead of tim, eventhough I am logedinto my website, and have admin priveleges.

tim

tim

Anonymous
ok it worked when i posts a reply, the avatar showed up along with everything else.

tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like you were expecting it to show up for a post by an anonymous user?

Geeklog doesn't identify users by their name but by their user id (uid). All anonymous users share the same uid, whereas logged-in users have unique uids. and only those will get a userphoto associated with them.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:29 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content