Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 07:54 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

fckeditor not recognized as a plugin

Tim

Anonymous
confused
I am having trouble getting geeklog or the "plug-ins" to recognize fckeditor, the module does not show in plug-ins (admin panel) and is not an option. However, the fckeditor directory is in admin/plugin. Do I have to move fckeditor js pages to the main java directory or manually config fckeditor?

Thanks again, Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Something's wrong there. FCKeditor is not a plugin, so it won't show up under "Plugins". And it shouldn't be in that directory either. You should have a "fckeditor" directory in your public_html (i.e. where your lib-common.php resides).

To enable FCKeditor, go to

Configuration > Geeklog > Users and Submissions > Submission Settings > Advanced Editor?

and change that option to "True".

bye, Dirk

Tim

Anonymous
ok, I am use to postnuke, were fckeditor is loaded as a module, sorry. Now I get a small fckeditor with source option, hyperlink, and paragraph options, but that is it, it has no upload options color text options or much else. I know that fckeditor has many more options than that. Is there any way to get the full blown capabilities of the editor?

Also the editor does not show-up when you post a new story.

Any help appreciated.
Tim

beewee

Forum User
When you're in the story editor, or static pages editor, there's right above the fck editor an option to choose the fck toolbar.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content