Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Security warning after upgrade 1.5.0 > 1.5.1

aaneiros

Forum User
Junior
curious
Hi. I've just upgraded from GL 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 and everything seems to be working fine; however, I keep getting a security warning: "Please check the security of your site before using it" every time I access the admin panel.

Any hints appreciated.

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: aaneiros

Hi. I've just upgraded from GL 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 and everything seems to be working fine; however, I keep getting a security warning: "Please check the security of your site before using it" every time I access the admin panel.

Any hints appreciated.

Did you click on the link to find out what it was referring to? The link that you would have clicked on would have brought you to this page. http://yoursite.com/admin/sectest.php Substitute yoursite.com for your own domain. Usually it mentions the install directory was not removed or renamed. Or you have a default password on one of the original accounts that were created during install. IE: Admin, Moderator, etc. Perhaps a permission setting is incorrect.

Michael

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
FYI: The security reminder will pop up again after an upgrade. That's on purpose, to remind you to check the site again after the upgrade. Just click on the link and let it do the checks. If everything's okay, the notice will disappear. Otherwise, fix the listed problems and try again.

bye, Dirk

aaneiros

Forum User
Junior
Thanks to both. The problem was that, for some reason, the theme I was using failed to show the link to the security check. Once I returned to professional theme and clicked on the link, the security warning disappeared.

jearl

Forum User
I get the same error - when I click on the link, I get an hourglass that never goes away. I have to close the browser's window and log back in to continue.

The Geeklog works ok otherwise, as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to check on the security settings "manually" (IE: from a linux prompt)?

Jim

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content