Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Embedding Zazzle store in Geeklog (better than Cafepress!)

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
tired
(crossposted to glFusion.org)

This is a really tiny script, but I'm putting it out there in case others will find it useful.

I used to use Cafepress for my clients, and in fact used the CafeScripts code by NotOneBit.com for some time. Unfortunately, CafeScripts is pretty much abandonware; the author indicated to me that he wasn't that interested in maintaining it anymore (even though it's still for sale; caveat emptor).

I've since discovered Zazzle and was pleasantly surprised that they provided a very useful API for embedding your Zazzle store in your own website. It works perfectly with glFusion or Geeklog.

Just go here to download Zazzle Store Builder (and set up a Zazzle Store if you haven't already):
http://www.zazzle.com/mk/sell/tools/storebuilder

You'll probably want to download the documentation as well.

Installation is really quite easy. I copied the contents of the Zazzle Store Builder archive into a directory called "store" on my website, edited include/configuration.php with my Zazzle contributor name and associate ID, and then created a new index.php in the store directory as follows:

Text Formatted Code

<?php

// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | Zazzle Embed Script                                                       |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | index.php                                                                 |
// |                                                                           |
// | Zazzle store embed script for Geeklog or glFusion                         |
//

require_once ('../lib-common.php');

echo COM_siteHeader ('none', 'Official Store');

echo '<div class="story-featured"><h1><a href="/">Home</a> | Official Store</h1></div>';
echo '<div class="story-body">';

// configure Zazzle Store Builder display
include "include/zstore.php";

echo '</div';

echo COM_siteFooter ();

?>

I then copied the CSS from /css/zstore.css into the style.css file for the Geeklog themes being used on the website.

You can see this in action at:
http://www.wanigan.net/store/
"Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe." ~ Gabriela Mistral -- Desolacíon

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content