Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Exploit published on milw0rm for

tito

Anonymous
Hi, i've seen this post today, and i don't find any subject on forum... For information :

http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/6306

++tito;

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Patience, please - I've only seen this a couple of minutes ago myself.

At first glance, this seems to rely on certain versions of FCKeditor. The URL used in that script doesn't exist in Geeklog 1.5.0, so at least for 1.5.0 this doesn't work.

More later ...

bye, Dirk

Yeraze

Forum User
The file _does_ exist on my install.. I had 1.4 previously and upgraded. While the file doesn't exist in a 1.5 clean, it does existin a 1.4 upgrade it seems.

I simply erased my entire fckeditor directory and copied it from the 1.5 public_html again, so I'm hoping I'm patched now.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
When upgrading, the recommendation is to remove all the old files first - exactly for cases like this, where the file was removed from newer versions.

In 1.5.0, there's an upload script (within FCKeditor) in a different location. So I guess in theory this should also work on 1.5.0 if you changed the URL.

I say in theory because I couldn't get it to work, neither with 1.4.1 nor 1.5.0.

For the moment, though, it probably can't hurt to disable the upload in FCKeditor entirely - or remove the public "fckeditor" directory.

On 1.4.1, edit public_html/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/php/config.php
On 1.5.0, edit public_html/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php

In both cases, find the line that reads
Text Formatted Code
$Config['Enabled'] = true ;
and change it to read
Text Formatted Code
$Config['Enabled'] = false;

Note: Since this exploit does try to access FCKeditor directly, it won't matter if you have the "Advanced Editor" enabled in Geeklog or not. Do the above in any case.

We're still looking into the issue and let you know when we find anything.

Anyone wanting to provide more information, please do so at our security contact address. Thanks.

bye, Dirk

RichardBKK

Anonymous
The temp solution is pretty simple, disable advanced editor and change permission to the fckeditor folder....

I'm sure that Dirk and other members of Geeklog will come up with a more permanent solution...

Richard

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
How easy it is depends on how many instances of GL you have running...I sincerely hope I don't have to go chase through every installation looking for that. I tried to update to 1.5 previously, and couldn't get the upgrade to work, so rolled back. I'll be watching anxiously... :pray:
Luhme summa dat GL.

gulftech

Forum User
One thing I do see is that the extensions seem to be filtered, so as far as I can tell this can't be used to upload "illegal" file types. However, I m saying this by just looking at the code, I haven't tested the filetypes yet.

Edit: Edited the post containing 1.5 path info since i now see dirk already posted it on page 1.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content