Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:16 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Dots Before the Block Entries?

mmj141

Anonymous
After building a modified 1.5.0 Professional Theme layout the local PC version running under Uniform Server did not show the dots next to the block entries such as, Topics, Home, & General News.

When I installed Geeklog with the modified theme, as well as, Bad Behavior, CAPTCHA, and Forum 2.7.1 on a remote server dots appeared next to the block entries mentioned just like the ones on Geeklog.net. It seems the installation of one of these plugins caused the dots to appear as they don't appear on a stock GL 1.5.0 installation (at least on a local PC).

What caused these dots to appear and how can I get rid of them? I have looked in the css & thtml files but can't find where they are.

Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Check blockheader-left.thtml and the CSS rules for block-box-left (note that there are several, including ones for the ul tag).

bye, Dirk

mmj141

Forum User
Dirk,

Thanks for your reply.

Reviewed the blockheader-left.thtml and the CSS rules for block-box-left again. There were 3 occurrences of block-box-left. Checked the li and ul tags also and saw nothing.

These dots look like either character entity · or •, but, can't find any reference to them.

As I mentioned, I don't know why they would appear after I installed Bad Behavior, CAPTCHA, and Forum 2.7.1 to the stock GL 1.5.0 install. I have another local install of a stock GL 1.5.0 and there are no dots there either.

Confused:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The dots are the standard layout for HTML lists, i.e. <ul> and <li> tags. For some of the side blocks, we hide them through CSS.

But I just realized I was looking at the wrong file: That's in blockheader-list.thtml (not -left). The CSS rules used in there are block-box and blocklist. And "blocklist" is the one that you should be looking at in the stylesheet.

Maybe it gets redefined or overwritten by one of the add-ons you mentioned?

Sorry for the confusion.

bye, Dirk

mmj141

Forum User
Dirk,

I added: list-style:none; to the topicoption class in the GL stylesheet & that fixed it.

Thanks for getting me on the right track.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content