Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 12:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

MediaGallery 1.5.0 IE7 Errors

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hey all,
I'm using GL 1.4.1 and I have some sort of rendering error in IE7 on the mediagallery plugin.

If I mouse over an album, the thumbnail is covered by a grey overlay. The mouse pointer doesn't change, and nothing happens when I click on it. When I mouseoff, the grey overlay remains.

In FireFox, it recognizes the thumbnail as a link when I mouse over it, and takes me to the album when I click on it. If I mouseoff without clicking, it remains the thumbnail icon. I'm assuming this is the desired effect. Mr. Green

Any idea why this is happening in IE? A quick look through the classes and CSS didn't reveal anything obvious to me, and there were no posts in a search through the forum related to the topic.
Luhme summa dat GL.

mevans

Forum User
Do you have a site I could see this happening on? I haven't seen any problems with IE in the past, but that doesn't mean something new hasn't popped up.

What other plugins do you have installed, it sounds like it may possibly be some other plugin has assigned a hover class to the img tag.

Thanks!
Mark

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Mark! I feel much better knowing this is one of your plugins. Smile I noticed that there is a newer version of MG, was thinking I should just load that one. I PM'ed you the link and login for the site in question.
Luhme summa dat GL.

mevans

Forum User
Thanks for the login info. Unfortunately, I don't see any problems. Using IE7, IE6, and FF, everything seems to work exactly as it should. No gray overlay and I'm able to click the album just fine.

All I see is the one album 'Art in the Burg', but ti seems to work fine.

Just for grins, have you tried clearing your browser's cache to make sure there isn't an old style hiding in there? I use a tool called CCleaner to ensure I clear all the browser caches when I'm working on style stuff.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, if there is another album thumbnail that I'm missing, let me know.

Thanks!
Mark

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
That sounds like the right spot, Mark. I'll try the cache clearing. I regret I had not done so already...n00b error. Smile
Luhme summa dat GL.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hey Mark, I dumped my cache, cleared everything, and still the same issue.

For plugins, I only have Forum, HTTP_REFERER, and Media Gallery installed. I'm not having an issue anywhere else in the site. Bizarre!

I'll try it from the office tomorrow and see if there is any difference there.
Luhme summa dat GL.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
OK, I saw the same thing at work. Coincidentally, we have the same browser versions: IE 7.0.6

So, I deleted the plug in, downloaded the newer package of your website, and went to install that. When I run the install plugin link, I get an error now that says:

Caching Template Library is not installed
php.ini memory_limit is less than 48M.

I can adjust the PHP.ini, but is the Caching Template Library a function of MediaGallery, or a script library that should be installed on the server? I have a fully managed dedicated, so I can have the guys install it asap if that's what's needed. Thanks again for your time with this.
Luhme summa dat GL.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Crap. I just found the answer on your website. That is way more hand coding than I want to do tonight.
Luhme summa dat GL.

mevans

Forum User
The Caching Template Library is a template engine replacement for Geeklog. You can find more information about it here. It is a pretty straight forward to install on Geeklog.

Thanks!
Mark

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
OK, I was looking at older documentation. The newer link looks more simple. I'm going to hold my breath and give it a try.

In the patched files you include, do they over write any files I am likely to have modified?
Luhme summa dat GL.

mevans

Forum User
There are two files in the patch pack, lib-common.php, which you have modified, so you will need to edit the path to your config.php again. The second is moderation.php which I doubt you've modified.

Basically, treat the lib-common.php like you were doing a brand new Geeklog install.

It really is pretty painless once you're done Smile

Thanks!
Mark

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Sorry if I sound dumb, but I want to make sure I understand:

This engine will scan the template I've heavily modified, and create a php version of it?
Luhme summa dat GL.

mevans

Anonymous
Not exactly. With the standard template library included in Geeklog, each time a page is built, the template is read from disk, translated to PHP, variables are substituted and the page is displayed.

The 'caching' template library, will stored the translated template (into PHP) to disk so the next time the template is used, that step can be skipped. Thus, you get a little faster page build times.

It also double checks to make sure the template hasn't been modified, if it detects a file date/time newer on the raw .thtml file, it will rebuild the cache file.

If for some reason you decided to delete all the cache files, no big deal, it will simply rebuild them as needed.

Clear as mud, right Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content