Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 12:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

RSS error

DiRT

Anonymous
confused
I just installed Geeklog yesterday on my site http://www.vglosers.com and am still tooling around trying to get things working, but I can't seem to get the rss feed button to work. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious and stupid, but I looked on the forum and didn't see anything. Any help? Please?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure what you're trying to do there. I see an RSS button that links to a static page. But that static page either doesn't exist or it's not accessible for anonymous users ...

bye, Dirk

DiRT

Anonymous
Thanks for looking.

I'm not trying to do 'anything' per se, other than make an rss feed. Do I need to make a static page? As I said, I just installed Geeklog. I went into the admin section and personalized the feed and the feed works on the Google homepage, but I have no idea what the deal is with that button. Maybe it was part of the theme I applied, and not part of Geeklog? If so, any idea on how to make it work? How would I make a static page for the feed if that's what I need? Or how would I change that button to link to the feed already there?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Ah, okay. I've never seen that button before myself, so I assumed it was something you did.

Geeklog usually advertises feeds in the site's header (when you set the "Header-link in topic" option accordingly). If you want to add a visible link somewhere, you're on your own.

You could change the link to that static page to point directly to your feed instead, for example.

bye, Dirk

DiRT

Anonymous
I think I got it linked correctly now. Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content