Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 12:54 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Errors with static pages plugin on moving to new server

Jerry Green

Anonymous
After moving to a new server, if I have static pages on a page they won't render a page. On turning on fault logging I get the following two messages when viewing two different pages including static pages. If I go to Admin static pages, I can view the static pages with no problem.
An error has occurred:
8 - Undefined index: msg @ /home/sites/historyandnews.co.uk/geeklog/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc line 506
An error has occurred:
8 - Undefined index: _staticpages_centerblock @ /home/sites/historyandnews.co.uk/public_html/lib-common.php line 462

Can anybody help?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you by chance comment out or remove the error_reporting line from lib-common.php? I'm talking about this one:
Text Formatted Code
// Prevent PHP from reporting uninitialized variables
error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR );

bye, Dirk

Jerry Green

Anonymous
Thanks very much for such a quick reply. But now if I switch on filemamagement plugin I get the following message:
An error has occurred:
8 - Use of undefined constant newpage - assumed 'newpage' @ /home/sites/historyandnews.co.uk/geeklog/plugins/filemgmt/lang.php line 59

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like pretty much the same problem - something's playing with the error reporting. Is there maybe another error_reporting() call in the file management plugin's code somewhere?

Btw, there is no file "lang.php" in the file management plugin from what I can see. Is this an old version of the plugin? Maybe that's part of the problem ...

bye, Dirk

Jerry Green

Anonymous
Thankyou again Dirk. I had turned on absolutely everything I could think of to give me the errors as pages would not render at all.
The mistake which caused all the problems was a path error in config.php.
What superb service we get here.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:54 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content