Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 11:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Main RSS feed Works properly But I want more than one feed

Tech_Z

Forum User
Junior
So my main geeklog feed is working good I have posted about RSS before at http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=80818. But this is a new problem, see I have three feeds at my site here www.selfautotech.com the main feed shows All Articles and is the GL feed also there All comments and All Forums Posts I have these plugin's installed and enabled running GL 1.4.1. with commentfeeds 1.0.1. and Forum 2.7 also enabled. I also have the feeds pulling to a dynamic syndication block The block has no trouble seeing the files in backend. I"ve tied several readers now and all of them come up "unable to retrieve data". My problem is the only usable feed is the GL main.rss "All Articles" I checked to see if backend permissions were creating the situation and no dice they were set to 775 directory and contents. I also tried 777 still no dice same deal. This is the page error Not Found The requested URL /backend/comments.rss was not found on this server. and Not Found The requested URL /backend/forum.rss was not found on this server. Apache/1.3.34 Server at selfautotech.com Port 80 Apache/1.3.34 Server at selfautotech.com Port 80 Why is the GL feed working and the others are not? I tried atom feeds and still the same affect. No change I've read many post's in the forum on this and none of the fix's seem to apply to this. I've loked through the config and functions files for each plugin and I don't see any settings to change but I could be wrong. Are there any settings that may need changing within my server configuration? Any help is very appreciated , Dennis

jmucchiello

Forum User
Your site has no comments or forum topics. So the file is not created.

Tech_Z

Forum User
Junior
Thanks jmucchiello, I had no idea that those require use before activating the feeds. I've only had the site up for a couple of weeks and most of the time has been spent learning GL and installing plugins. I'm almost at the point where I'll devote my time into the content.

Thanks for your time it's much appreciated,

Dennis

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content