Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 05:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geekloglogo link

kd0afk

Forum User
Junior
I have my own logo on my blog but I would like to take it one step further. As of now, when I click on the image, it takes me to the main page of the blog. What I would like to do is to set up a clickable link on one of the pixels of the image that takes me to a different page altogether. Is this possible? To find out what the coordinates of the pixel is and to write a command to change the url of just that pixel?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Search your favourite HTML tutorial for the keywords "image map". Or have a look at the W3C site (the example uses an OBJECT, but that could just as well be an IMG).

bye, Dirk

kd0afk

Forum User
Junior
I know about image maps, I have used image maps to create an interactive map of the USA. I am using the chameleon plugin and the way my logo gets put at the top of the page is through chameleon. How do I incorporate the image map code into chameleon?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I don't know how Chameleon works - haven't had the time to look at it yet. If it's using CSS to put the logo in the header, then things may get a little tricky ...

bye, Dirk

kd0afk

Forum User
Junior
That's what I was thinking. It's not a cut and dry html thing.

jmucchiello

Forum User
Did you post on gllabs.org where the Chameleon gurus might be able to help?

machinari

Forum User
you should be able to edit the template file--the header.thtml file (i don't actually know if chameleon uses one or not).
insert a transparent pixel gif. make it a link. and use CSS to: first, assign an absolute position to it somewhere within the logo image area (wherever that usually is); and second, assign a positive z-index to it so that it will always be clickable above any clickable logo image.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content