Geeklog Forums

Bug: static pages/FCK and plaintext/html/adveditor mode

jeffhare

Forum User
Junior
thoughtful
Hello Dirk,

The BUG?
There appears to be a bug in static pages (gl1.4.1) when the advanced editor is enabled which removes the ability to edit static page content as "plaintext". HTML mode has a habit of reformatting the php code on the page removing line breaks and extra whitespace.

With advanced editor enabled, your only options to edit a static page are "HTML Formatted" and "Advanced Editor".

Surely this should be "Advanced Editor" and "Plain Text" with advanced editor enabled and "HTML Formatting" and "Plain Text" with the advanced editor disabled.

Details
There are certain static pages on my site that really need the FCK advanced editor, so I enabled the advanced editor. Works fine.

Other static pages on my site contain & execute PHP. These really need to be postmode of "plaintext", which isn't an option.

The static pages get stored in the database as "html" or "adveditor" only now, whereas prior to enabling the advanced editor, static pages were getting created with "plaintext" and "html" postmodes.

Touching the postmode dropdown, reformats all the PHP code / contents as if it were html. There's no going back, just "Cancel" as an option.

Was there some particular reason to do away with postmode = plaintext and keep 2 methods of editing HTML text in static pages?

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content