Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 05:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Failed opening required 'PHP/Compat.php'

minimalniemand

Anonymous
I receive this error. The site was running for about 2 years now. then this error suddenly appeared. As the operator of the page affirmed, he nor changed anything in the configuration neither installed something new.
I installed the page 2 years go.
I updated to the latest version (1.4.1) but recieve the same error.

the page is http://www.maintaunswahn.de

PHP Version is - unfortunately - 4.1.2

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Can you quote the exact error message, please (including file name and line number)?

This is an attempt to load the PHP compatibility layer (due to the old PHP version you're on). This is part of the PEAR classes we ship, so check your PEAR settings.

bye, Dirk

minimalniemand

Anonymous
ok, I figured something out:

The error differs with different PHP versions. In my webspace-config I can choose different php-versions. Using 4.1.2 the error described before appears, newer Versions of PHP show the following:

Failed opening required '/mnt/ja1/04/887/00000011/htdocs/geeklog/system/classes/timer.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp4/includes'Wink in /mnt/web4/22/63/5887863/htdocs/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 158

???

minimalniemand

Anonymous
the old error was:

Failed opening required 'PHP/Compat.php' (include_path=''Wink in /mnt/web4/22/63/5887863/htdocs/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 147

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Your line numbers don't seem to match with the lib-common.php for Geeklog 1.4.1

Also, double check that the files it's complaining about are really there - that may be your actual problem ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content