Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 07:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

losing format when pasting

rdunne

Forum User
Junior
Hi all
My problem is that I have started coping over old news items into my news geek log install. The problem is that all format is losed when i save the item. It look fine when i edit the text with paragraghs in place , but when i save it . It turns in to a muss of txt . an example below :

Hello again,

Things are a bit quiet on the BHAA front right now. Our next race is later in the month at Ringsend. In the meantime, you might be interested in testing your mile speed on Saturday next between 11am and 3pm at any one of the local tracks. See flyer attached for details. The Spar Mile Challenge is promoted by Athletics Ireland and is sponsored by Spar.

At the finish, you will be given a band linked to your time. So watch out for those smug thoroughbreds with the red (under 5 mins) and orange (under 6 mins) bands on prominent display afterwards.

turns into

Hello again, Things are a bit quiet on the BHAA front right now. Our next race is later in the month at Ringsend. In the meantime, you might be interested in testing your mile speed on Saturday next between 11am and 3pm at any one of the local tracks. See flyer attached for details. The Spar Mile Challenge is promoted by Athletics Ireland and is sponsored by Spar. At the finish, you will be given a band linked to your time. So watch out for those smug thoroughbreds with the red (under 5 mins) and orange (under 6 mins) bands on prominent display afterwards.

any ideas why this is?

thank you

Richard

Blaine

Forum User
You are loosing the HTML tags that format the content when you paste into a normal textarea field. Try using the Advanced Editor which will retain the rich formatted text when you paste it.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

rdunne

Forum User
Junior
thats It!! ,

I only now cop on that the editor is basic text only. I turned that on and its all good now.
Thank you so much, Soon I should be able to help other newbies.

thanks so much

Richard

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content