Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

identifying thtml files of mediagallery

1000ideen

Forum User
awake
I have slight problems identifying the thtml files of the MG. There are such things at the top:
<!-- $Id: album_page_footer.thtml 326 2006-10-26 15:31:14Z mevans0263 $ -->

Are they being removed automatically? Can I turn this off for trouble shooting? When I insert something like this:
<!-- >bottom_pagination --> it seems to be removed too. So it is very difficult to understand it.

How can I turn off the "Uploaded By:" under a single picture? Up to now I only found a way to turn off the date.

mevans

Forum User
Each Media Gallery .thtml file has the version number embedded at the top as an HTML comment. They shouldn't be removed, on my site and others I know they are passed through to the browser fine. So, I'm not sure why you don't see them when you do a view source?? Media Gallery is not doing anything to filter comments, it is simply using / calling the Geeklog template engine.

Just as an FYI, I have actually removed all of these header comments for the upcoming release of Media Gallery. While they are nice to see you have the latest version, they can clutter up the HTML pretty well too.

Unfortunately, there is no configuration option to turn off the Uploaded By: tag. Your only option is to remove it from the template file and obviously this would remove it for all media items. The template file that has the Uploaded By; entry is view_image.thtml.

Thanks!
Mark

1000ideen

Forum User
Thanks mate, you are 100% right. I don`t know why I didn`t see it. I`ll give you some more feedback on the gallery soon.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content