Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 07:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

User Profile Not Saving?

Stugots

Anonymous
Hi I am trying to set up a new geeklog template and everything seems to be working fine except that when modifing passwords or any other info on the My Account link will not update despite the fact it is telling me it was saved.

What files in the layout dir control this pages functions?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The templates are in the "profiles" directory of your theme. Make sure they're up to date. If in doubt, copy them over from the Professional theme that ships with Geeklog.

bye, Dirk

Stugots

Anonymous
I found the files shortly after posting this thread in the /public_html//layout/version/preferences/profile.thtml

I've tried copying the files over and now I am just getting jumped directly to the index.php with nothing actually being saved.

I have no problems with stories or any other areas of the site so I am trying to understand why I just cant seem to update User Profiles.

Also if I switch the theme back from my custom theme to the professional theme I CAN update the profiles when I try. I have tried to replace almost every file in the directory without much luck. What could be causing my users.php script to bounce me to the index.php with no changes being made?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Stugots

What could be causing my users.php script to bounce me to the index.php with no changes being made?

Anything in your error.log file?

bye, Dirk

Stugots

Anonymous
Nothing.

If I take the profile.thtml and put it into my new templates directory It will save but only the {prefs}.

Any name, email and password information still can not be modified. I even tried to download a template just for their /preferences/profile.thtml and put it into the directory. Regardless of what I try nothing seems to let me change my password or email from the My Account link and also the error.log is squeaky clean.

jmucchiello

Forum User
Try turning off autofilling of forms in your browser.

Stugots

Anonymous
Auto fill is not causing it either.

I already have been testing back and forth with FF and IE7. I get the same thing happening in both browsers.

The odd thing is when I put the professional files into the templates dir and pull up the My Account page. When saving it ignores the name, password, email and strictly saves the display options.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content