Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:16 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Intranet site upgraded today; font sizes are all screwy

andyofne

Forum User
Chatty
I upgraded my local intranet site at work today to the latest release. Everything seemed to go fine until I logged on to view the site after the db upgrade. Now my text is all kinds of screwy. Some text got really big while other text has gotten so small as to be unreadable. I've pointed to a screen shot, below. Is it likely that I missed a file that I needed to copy over and I'm still using an old one OR did I screw something up? Previously, my text appeared just like the text on this site. I've checked this with both IE and FF and I'm using the default font/text in each browser. My other Geeklog sites continue to look the same, with 'normal' sized text. The large text is messing with the page layout and it just looks horrible. Thanks in advance for any pointers / fixes / snarky humor. http://www.utgmc.com/images/bigtext.jpg

andyofne

Forum User
Chatty
Initially, I searched this site for help but didn't find anything. I changed the search terms to "font" and got a few hits.

I manually re-copied the .css file from the tarball and put it in the layout\professional directory on the web server and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Not sure why I couldn't find it the first time, the hints, probably using a too long search string.

Thanks just the same.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It probably didn't pick up the updated CSS file the first time around. Browsers often cache them agressively.

One little trick I learned: Attach a version number to the CSS file's URL and increase it every time you change it. That makes sure they all get the updated file properly. See the HTML source code for this site ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content