Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 21 2024 @ 03:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation Confusion - After Install loop back to install.php

Lygernight

Forum User
confused
Ok so I've installed the latest geeklog on my site and I'm pretty positive my config.php and libcommon files are edited correctly. When I goto install the geeklog it goes to the first page and I enter the path correctly to the config.php file. My problem is after step 2 of 2 instead of saying it's correctly installed, it loops back to the beginning page of the installation as if I'm just starting to install. Then on the index.php of my site it just says "Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later."

The lib-common.php file has the require_once pointed to:

require_once( '/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/geeklog/config.php' );

[ should this be '[b]http://www.thesilentfury.ney/geeklog/config.php[/b]' ?

and the config.php has the following information:

// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | (2) Paths |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

// Note for Windows users: It's safe to use the forward slash '/' instead of
// the backslash '\' in paths. Make sure each path starts with a drive letter!

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path'] = '/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/geeklog/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/';

[ Should $_CONF['path'] be 'http://www.thesilentfury.net/geeklog/' ?]
[ Should $_CONF['path_html'] be 'http://www.thesilentfury.net' ?]

I know for certain my Database settings are correct because it's installed the tables before, but I deleted them when trying to redo the new installation. So everytime I've tried doing this I've had to delete them to retry an installation, which is a good sign that it is making access to my database.

I just don't understand why this:

1) Doesn't give me an error during install
2) If there is no errors, why isn't the index.php page working [in my case is http://www.thesilentfury.net]

Lygernight

Forum User
Also my database is running MySQL 5.0 should I set it back to MySQL 4.1?

jmucchiello

Forum User
The answer to all your "should" questions is "no". Where is your lib-common.php located (full path please)? Based on what you've written, it (and the whole directory structure with it) is in /home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/

$_CONF variables that start 'path' should never have http:// in them.

Lygernight

Forum User
Quote by: jmucchiello

The answer to all your "should" questions is "no". Where is your lib-common.php located (full path please)? Based on what you've written, it (and the whole directory structure with it) is in /home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/

$_CONF variables that start 'path' should never have http:// in them.

my lib-common.php is located:

/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/lib-common.php

my config.php is located:

/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/geeklog/config.php

Everything that was in the "public_html" folder is in the root directory of my site which is:

/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/

everything else has been put into:

/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/geeklog/

Lygernight

Forum User
Ok so I've installed it yet again after a clean wip off the server.
The lib-common.php file has the require_once pointed to:

require_once( '/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/geeklog/config.php' );

and the config.php has the following information:

// | (2) Paths |

// Note for Windows users: It's safe to use the forward slash '/' instead of
// the backslash '' in paths. Make sure each path starts with a drive letter!

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path'] = '/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/geeklog/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/content/l/y/g/lygernight/html/';

I reinstalled the MySQL server to be 4.1 instead of 5.0 and I redid the installation with any corrections I made. It's still doing the loop and I don't understand why. Is it because config.php is in the geeklog folder while everything else that was in the "public_html" folder is not starting in the root folder. so Lib-common.php is in the root directory of my site, while config.php is in the root/geeklog/ directory. IS this affecting it? Am I doing something wrong to make this system loop? I don't understand. Could someone possibly help install this for me?

jmucchiello

Forum User
When I hit http://www.thesilentfury.net I get "A sql error has occurred, check the error.log for details" What does error.log say?

As for the loop, everything you posted looks okay.

Lygernight

Forum User
I looked at my MySQL database and there aren't even any database tables made...I clicked new install and all the paths are 100% right I know it.

Text Formatted Code

Here's the error.log

*** dummy entry ***
Wed 30 May 2007 16:35:59 MST - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_help' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_title,sp_content,sp_format,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,sp_php,sp_inblock,sp_help FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) AND (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sp_id
Wed 30 May 2007 16:36:43 MST - 1054: Unknown column 'sp_help' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_title,sp_content,sp_format,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,sp_php,sp_inblock,sp_help FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) AND (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sp_id
Wed May 30 16:43:46 2007 - 1146: Table 'day0714504022788.gl_plugins' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT pi_name FROM gl_plugins WHERE pi_enabled = 1
Wed May 30 16:50:01 2007 - 1146: Table 'day0714504022788.gl_plugins' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT pi_name FROM gl_plugins WHERE pi_enabled = 1

I don't understand why this won't install the new tables?

Lygernight

Forum User
I'm an idiot...I forgot to load all the Libs files with 7-7-7 Attributes to have the correct read write delete access. Hence why the server wasn't installing the database tables....onc eI changed that on the libs files under the system folder, and the config.php file it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for trying to understand my insanity guys. Sorry if I confused many and let this post be a lesson to all you other users newly installing...make sure you have your correct write read access attributes set correctly on the proper files....such a little thing can cause such major confusion.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content