Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 02:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

I completely botched a CAPTCHA install.

Don

Forum User
I tried installing the latest version of CAPTCHA on my latest GL install. I could not get it working at all, so I just blew all the files off the server. However, if I enable the Forum, I get this error:

An error has occurred:
2 - main(d:\websites\millerplacebridge.com/system/lib-portalparts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ d:\websites\millerplacebridge.com\plugins\forum\functions.inc line 54

Apparently, something somewhere is still looking for lib-portalparts.php, even though none of the CAPTCHA files is even on the server any longer, as far as I know.

What could I have missed? I'd like to try installing CAPTCHA again, but until I resolve this problem, I don't even want to attempt it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Don

jmucchiello

Forum User
Forget about Captcha. You didn't install the forums files correctly. Extract the lib-portalparts.php file from the forums archive and copy it to the core system directory.

Don

Forum User
Okay, I did that - now I'm getting an SQL error. From the error.log:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT count(*) FROM

BTW - until I tried installing CAPTCHA, the forum was working fine.

Thanks for your help on this.

- Don

mevans

Forum User
Don,

I tried installing the latest version of CAPTCHA on my latest GL install. I could not get it working at all, so I just blew all the files off the server. However, if I enable the Forum, I get this error:

Did you disable and uninstall the CAPTCHA plugin using Geeklog's plugin manager before deleting the files? It sounds like you may have just deleted the files without doing this step. In that case, Geeklog thinks CAPTCHA is still installed and is trying to open some of its files.

Just curious, when you say blew all the files off the server, exactly what files did you delete? It sounds like you may have deleted more than just the CAPTCHA files.

If you will tell me specific details about what isn't working with CAPTCHA maybe we can get it working?

Thanks!
Mark

Don

Forum User
Did you disable and uninstall the CAPTCHA plugin using Geeklog's plugin manager before deleting the files? It sounds like you may have just deleted the files without doing this step. In that case, Geeklog thinks CAPTCHA is still installed and is trying to open some of its files.

As far as I can tell, Captcha never installed. I got error messages every time I tried to install the plugin, and it never showed up on the listed of enabled plugins. To be double sure, I just checked the plugins list on the site and it's not among the enabled plugins.

I also logged in to phpmyadmin and checked gl_plugins. Not there, either.

Just curious, when you say blew all the files off the server, exactly what files did you delete? It sounds like you may have deleted more than just the CAPTCHA files.

I removed the files I placed on the server in the plugins/captcha directory, the admin/plugins/captcha directory, and the public_html/captcha directory.

As noted, I also removed the lib-portalparts.php from the 'system' directory (it has since been replaced).

- Don

mevans

Forum User
Don,

It sounds like you've done all the right things to remove CAPTCHA. When you installed CAPTCHA or when you removed it, did you touch your lib-custom.php file? I'm wondering if there is a problem in there.

Usually when I see:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT count(*) FROM

It is because a config.php or functions.inc file was not properly included somewhere. But obviously the question is, where??

Do you have the error you were receiving when trying to install CAPTCHA, maybe we can get it fixed and that will make the other items fall into place?

Thanks!
mark

Don

Forum User
It is because a config.php or functions.inc file was not properly included somewhere. But obviously the question is, where??

Well, since the main GL install is working, I'm assuming that's okay.

I double-checked the plugins/forum directory and config.php and functions.inc are there.

But i'm still getting the SQL error.

- Don

Don

Forum User
Okay, I went back, ftp'd all the files for CAPTCHA to their appreopriate directories on the server, went to the plugins page and clicked the install link. Here's the error I'm getting:

An error has occurred:
2 - session_start(): open(D:\PHP\sessiondata\sess_d7432a5a5a2452bc47a8e1267212d8a2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) @ d:\websites\millerplacebridge.com\plugins\captcha\functions.inc line 54

Does this mean that there's something up with PHP on the server? I'm not clear on the error message.

Again, any help is appreciated.

- D

jmucchiello

Forum User
The captcha plugin uses PHP sessions. You have to make sure PHP sessions work on your setup. Does the listed directory (D:\PHP\sessiondata) exist?

Don

Forum User
Quote by: jmucchiello

The captcha plugin uses PHP sessions. You have to make sure PHP sessions work on your setup. Does the listed directory (DRazzHPsessiondata) exist?

I looked at phpinfo.php, and it tells me that Session Support is enabled and that the session.save_path is D:\PHP\sessiondata.

Do I have to do any config on the CAPTCHA files themselves in order to make this work?

---

In addition, this is showing up in my error log:

05/14/07 16:23:50 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT count(*) FROM

- D

Don

Forum User
Okay, the SQL error is gone - turns out I had mixed up the Forum config file with the GL master config file. After comparing files on the server, I uploaded a new config.php for the forum, and the forum is back.

But I still can't get CAPTCHA started! The error is the same as above (with a different session ID number):

An error has occurred:
2 - session_start(): open(D:\PHP\sessiondata\sess_0c970660d086c0c4b9d459ca04d569c8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) @ d:\websites\millerplacebridge.com\plugins\captcha\functions.inc line 54

But the error message in the error log is now:

05/14/07 22:49:16 - Could not save your submission. Bad type: event

I don't seem to be getting any closer to solving this.

Do any files or folders in CAPTCHA require chmods? This iste is on a Windows server, and I can't set perms myself.

- D

jmucchiello

Forum User
I looked at phpinfo.php, and it tells me that Session Support is enabled and that the session.save_path is D:\PHP\sessiondata.
You didn't answer my question. Does that directory exist?

Don

Forum User
I had assumed since it was listed in phpinfo.php that it did exist.

I'll need to check with my host. Hopefully, I can catch him.

- D

jmucchiello

Forum User
An error has occurred:
2 - session_start(): open(D:\PHP\sessiondata\sess_0c970660d086c0c4b9d459ca04d569c8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) @ d:\websites\millerplacebridge.com\plugins\captcha\functions.inc line 54

Yes, but the error says "No such file or directory". That makes the path suspect.

Don

Forum User
That was it.

I checked with the hosting guy, asked him if there was a sessiondata directory and if not could he create one. He did, plugin installed.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it.

- D

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content