Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:04 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Database path query

llista

Anonymous
blank
I am trying to set up Geeklog for the first time and I have this problem/query, in line:
Text Formatted Code
$_DB_host         = 'localhost';   // host name or IP address of your DB server
Can I leave just "localhost"? If I do leave "localhost" I get error:
error selecting database
If I enter the my website domain name in the form "domain.eu" I get error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'pacman_pacman'@'bushnell.servermatrix.com' (using password: YES) in /home/jilbabe/public_html/news/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 120 Cannot connect to DB server
(Note: MySQL database name is 'pacman_pacman' and already exists) If I enter the IP address my webhost gave me to upload my website with FTP a get a very similar error. Should I ask which dedicated IP/address of DB server to the webhost? I just don't know if this is the same as the domain name of my website or the IP I have for FTP. I tried both and they don't work maybe they forgot giving me some other details I need to make this work. Thank you

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Your hosting service should have told you what to use for the DB server name. "localhost" is usually fine when the MySQL server is on the same machine as your Geeklog install. If it doesn't work (as in your case), then you need to use another name.

Also see the FAQ: Access denied for user (MySQL)

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:04 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content