Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:42 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

install / path questions

enconwjc

Anonymous
Hi guys - Geeklog seems awesome and I am anxious to test it out on my website. I ran the install and expect I am having trouble with the paths in the config file. The install appeared to go fine, however when I run the index page, I get the following message: "Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later." OK, here are my questions on the file locations: 1) I locate the contents of the public_html directory at my website root directory so if I wanted to locate the index.php from the public_html directory, it'd be at http://www.mywebsite.com/index.php 2) I then locate the following files/directiories one level up from my website root (from where i put the index.php file) so that they are protected from general public access: backups, data, language, logs, plugins, sql, system & config.php ... I cant locate the logs directory here because my host has a directory called logs that is not writable (and cant chmod). so I created a subdirectory called "geeklog" and put all these files within it ... so it is essentially at the same level as mywebsite.com 3) the paths in config.php should therefore be: $_CONF['path'] = '/hsphere/local/home/username/geeklog/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'];

jmucchiello

Forum User
Close.

Quote by: enconwjc

3) the paths in config.php should therefore be:

$_CONF['path'] = '/hsphere/local/home/username/geeklog/';

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'];

$_CONF['path_html'] = '/hsphere/local/home/username/public_html'; // or htdocs whatever is your root.

And you have to use the correct path for config.php in lib-common.php

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:42 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content