Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 14 2024 @ 11:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

professional template modification?

rookie

Anonymous
confused
I'm using the professional template...I'd like to create a Photoshop header. What size header would work with this template? Would the modifications be all made in the header?

ironmax

Anonymous
Most of the look and feel of a theme is done in the header file. However, if you want to make more changes to the look and feel, IE: blocks, featured story block, story block, footer, then you would have to modify the other files within that same directory level. Always make sure you have a copy of the original plus backups before making changes. That way you have a way to get back your theme before you started editing.

As far as the photoshop, depends on your placement of the Ad or banner. You will have to play with the placement within the file to see how it looks best and if needed to resize your graphics.

Michael

jmucchiello

Forum User
I actually recommend that you create a theme called "PRO" by copying the entire layout/professional theme to layout/pro. Set that as the main theme and only make modification to it. That way when you upgrade, the update will overwrite the unmodified professional theme. Then you can switch back to professional while making sure the upgrade works. Once that's done, you can make your changes to the "PRO" theme to get up to speed with the new version.

beewee

Forum User
And using the Theme Editor plugin for editing your new theme will make it a lot easier.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

rookie

Anonymous
Where can I find that plugin? I've looked but can't find it! Cry

rookie

Anonymous

beewee

Forum User
Quote by: rookie

A simple forum search was enough, the direct download link is http://mystral-kk.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=13. The plugin only works with UTF-8 characters.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content