Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 05:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

User blog ?

uKrease

Forum User
Junior
curious
Greetings,

Is there something already in Geeklog that will allow all users to have their own blogs ?

Is the journal plugin the only option ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The Journal plugin and the user pages ("upage"Wink plugin are the only available options - but they're both a bit old and rusty by now ...

Depending on what you had in mind, there are also some hacks to run several Geeklog sites off of one install. Then you could give each user their own Geeklog site.

bye, Dirk

Dazzy

Forum User
This is by no means a solution to your issue, but a few members of my site, asked for a personal page.

I set up a few new users groups(one user per group) and gave them the staticpage.edit permission and assigned that group to the individuals staticpage, and gave the group edit rights for the staticpage.

If staticpages had have allowed me to change the owner of the page, like mediagallery does with gallery's, it would have saved me doing this, dont know whether this would be pheasible though. Dirk?
Dazzy

1000ideen

Forum User
Quote by: Dazzy

If staticpages had have allowed me to change the owner of the page, like mediagallery does with gallery's, it would have saved me doing this, dont know whether this would be pheasible though. Dirk?

You can change the owner in many ways, one is this:
http://tokyoahead.com/main/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=14&showtopic=82

Another way for users having their own blog is to give them an own category.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content